Universities: Global Campus©
The impact of globalization extends far beyond the business community. A new global trend is altering the higher educational landscape and is presenting new opportunities for academic institutions, students and faculty. Colleges and universities looking to extend their academic offerings around the world are expanding beyond their domestic locations and establishing annexes and programs in foreign countries.
Higher education institutions are no longer restricted by location. These rapidly growing “branch campuses” allow universities to spread knowledge and experiences globally, providing students from different regions and backgrounds with access to courses that will foster innovation and strengthen global intellectual capital.
Investing in a foreign market creates unique challenges for academic institutions:
- Recommendations must be made as to which target cultures present a “soft landing” for the particular university
- Once the target culture has been established, the unique issues associated with marketing to students in that culture as well as attracting local faculty become relevant.
- During the planning phase, issues related to the laws and regulations, as well as unique cultural obstacles to the programs proposed must be evaluated.
- Stakeholders, including vendors and others in the supply chain must be vetted.
- Training for staff charged with implementing emergence in the new target culture must be trained.
The team at Universal Consensus has developed and honed an empirically-tested Business Model of Intercultural Analysis [BMIA] that can provide a 360 degree analysis of any desired market for a college or university.
Universal Consensus works with academic institutions to identify global opportunities for their academic or degree offerings. Some of the criteria Universal Consensus uses during the global emergence needs assessment include:
- Determining if demand exists in the target culture for the academic or degree offering.
- Targeting countries that align with the university’s academic philosophy and mission.
- Evaluating the barriers to entry of the host country.
- Providing all the essential information for navigating the government rules and regulations of the target culture.
- Implementing recruiting tactics that will attract students and faculty in the target culture.
- Developing a marketing plan that will effectively communicate university’s offerings to the target culture.
- Identifying potential students, faculty and staff.
- Monitoring opportunities for future expansion in new markets.
- Teaching and/or drafting of online or classroom cross-cultural curriculum.
Universal Consensus CEO and Founder, Denise Pirrotti Hummel, J.D., and her team of worldwide experts have been retained by leading universities worldwide to map out global expansion plans.
The team at Universal Consensus includes a global advisory board whose local market acumen is requested on an as-needed basis for specific client work.
- Culture Transformation
- Blue Ocean Strategy Consulting
- Global Leadership Development
- International Hospitality Consulting
- BMIA Certification
- Global Process Management
- Intercultural Negotiations
- International Mergers and Acquisitions
- Cross Cultural Communication Training
- Global Customer Service
- Foreign Market Entry Strategy
- Global Marketing Consulting
- Global Management Solutions
- International Sales Training
- International Assignments
- International Conflict Resolution
- American Consumer Behavior
- NGO Training Program
- Global Supply Chain Management
- Diversity & Inclusion Training
- Sports Team Building and Leadership
- Attract International Students
- Communication on Campus
- Global Campus
- Global Mindset Training
- University Conflict Management