Universities: Global Mindset Training©
Global mindset, “the cognitive ability that helps individuals determine how to understand and influence individuals, groups and organizations from diverse socio-cultural backgrounds,” is perhaps one of the most sought after qualities in today’s global business environment. The best thing is, you can train your global mindset. Imagine your cross-cultural team, faculty, or support staff all having a global mindset. What would be the effect on client satisfaction, internal communication and leadership, and employee satisfaction?
Global mindset training holds the key to launching your organization from multinational to truly global. In today’s business environment, global mindset training should be mandatory at universities and at business schools, but it is not. This gives organizations that include global mindset training in their training or educational program a distinct competitive advantage.
The objectives of global mindset training, when implemented in an academic setting, are generally:
- Enhance inter-cultural communication between faculty and students and amongst a diverse staff.
- Improve the assimilation of international students into the residential, academic and social aspects of campus life.
- Move all involved toward a “global mindset” that can be utilized in every aspect of campus, personal and business life in an increasingly global economy.
- Educate faculty on how to incorporate a global component to all academic subject-matters.
- Demonstrate culturally neutral methods of presenting academic information.
- Understand how culture impacts written and verbal interaction amongst all members of the institution.
- Provide tools and techniques for resolving intercultural conflict.
- Develop effective communication channels with international students.
- Understand and apply the etiquette and protocol of a nation or culture, when appropriate.
- Conduct efficient research that will foster an understanding of a culture and neutralizes cultural bias.
The University of San Diego felt so strongly about promoting a global mindset among students, global executives, and alumni that it asked Universal Consensus to design an executive certification program on global mindset and cross-cultural core competence. “Denise Pirrotti Hummel of Universal Consensus has designed a program for students and business professionals who need to understand and analyze the issues involved in providing services and doing business across cultures, both within the United States and abroad,” said Jodi Waterhouse, Director of USD’s Corporate and Professional Programs. “The entrepreneur seeking to develop sales beyond domestic borders, the attorney or corporate executive seeking to serve clients from a different cultural background, and the student seeking to graduate with a global mindset to gain a competitive edge in the marketplace are just a few of the individuals who can benefit from this valuable program,” she said.
Universal Consensus draws upon its proprietary and empirically-tested Business Model of Intercultural Analysis© (BMIA) to equip participants with a global mindset. Universal Consensus works with each client individually to develop a bespoke approach for students, staff, and administration to engage in intercultural communication. Depending on the specific needs of the institution, the global mindset program may be delivered through an executive coaching session, group trainings, or project consultation. The ultimate goal of the program is to provide total empowerment – a global mindset applicable to solve any problems you face in the international business arena.
Universal Consensus CEO and Founder, Denise Pirrotti Hummel, J.D., and her team of worldwide experts provide a comprehensive approach. They have successfully trained university students, staff, faculty, multinational business professionals, and U.S. government employees worldwide.
“Universal Consensus global mindset programs are designed according to the needs and challenges of the university. Their solutions are integrative, campus-wide, and the global mindset training is as interesting as it is informative. They train faculty, staff and students in targeted ways, relevant to their level of life experience,” said Debbie Felice, Associate Dean for Students, Oklahoma City University School of Law.
- Culture Transformation
- Blue Ocean Strategy Consulting
- Global Leadership Development
- International Hospitality Consulting
- BMIA Certification
- Global Process Management
- Intercultural Negotiations
- International Mergers and Acquisitions
- Cross Cultural Communication Training
- Global Customer Service
- Foreign Market Entry Strategy
- Global Marketing Consulting
- Global Management Solutions
- International Sales Training
- International Assignments
- International Conflict Resolution
- American Consumer Behavior
- NGO Training Program
- Global Supply Chain Management
- Diversity & Inclusion Training
- Sports Team Building and Leadership
- Attract International Students
- Communication on Campus
- Global Campus
- Global Mindset Training
- University Conflict Management